The last six weeks or so Gracie and I (and Brian when he has the day off) have been going on Saturday mornings to the Los Ranchos Farmers Market. It's a great little market...nothing like the Dallas Farmers Market (oh how I miss our produce co-op!) more like the little Coppell Market (without which we would have gone broke keeping up with Grace's blueberry habit). There are several markets in the ABQ area that I want to check out, but for now, I'm stuck on this one.
We've gotten some delicious produce at this little market - I was so excited to find it that the first week I took a photo of our haul. That first week we got an herb blend, peaches (some of the best I've ever had), pinot noir grapes, tomatoes, a zucchini and a baguette. We've also gotten bunches of basil, garlic, eggplant, yellow tomatoes, raspberries, corn and leeks.
Grace insists on carrying the baguette when we buy one - it's almost as tall as she is!
And she'll stop along the way to try to eat some of it before we even get to the car. She loves all the dogs that people bring to the market and dances to the music of the folk singers.
Last Saturday after the market we went out to Heidi's Raspberry Farm in nearby Corrales to pick some raspberries. It was a lot of fun and the setting is just gorgeous!Grace didn't get the idea that we were putting raspberries in our pints to take home and eat later...she just ate everything she picked! Mostly she just had fun running around and playing with the other kids there and Brian ran around after her while I finished filling our pints.
We all enjoyed eating the raspberries this past week, but Gracie ate most of them. We put them on her fingers (I remember my sisters and I doing this with olives when we were little), and she'd eat them off.
But being the berry-glutton that she is she just shoves all four fingers in her mouth at once. She was so fast at eating them, I could hardly snap a picture of it fast enough once I got them all on her fingers.
She calls them boo-berries - it's what she calls all berries be they blue-, straw- or raspberries. So we're working on that one. I swear this girl could live on fruit and would be in heaven if only we'd give her berries and berries only for each and every meal and snack.



6 comments:
Looks yummy!!! I'm so glad you posted, we miss you guys!
Hey Susan! It's so good to see your little family! I can't believe Grace is already 2! She is so cute! I love the picture of her trying to eat the baguette! That is so funny!
Wow, how fun-- I love berry picking! We miss y'all so much-- Glad to see you are enjoying your new location!
How yummy...Grace is getting so big. I can't believe it. What cute pictures.
That market sounds great. How fun you picked raspberries. It was so cute to see Grace with the baguette. I love her haircut, and the pictures of her on her birthday were fun.
Susan,
I am so pumped about your comment on our blog about visiting New Mexico. I have wanted to go to New Mexico for years, and Nate and I were already scoping out plane tickets just to see the fares and stuff before you commented that you would love to see us in New Mexico. So...we hope that we can make it down there sometime soon!
Post a Comment