10 years ago
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Politics...sorry
I don't normally use our blog to push specific political issues, but since this one affects Brian's field specifically, and lately I feel like President Obama is doing everything in his power to make life more difficult for physicians and their families, I decided to blog about this issue. Several news agencies are reporting that President Obama is planning to rescind the "Conscience Rule", which protects physicians, nurses and other health care providers from having to perform or facilitate abortions or distribute birth control if they have moral objections. I believe this is a vital rule - without it the government is allowing for the punishment of physicians for following their moral beliefs and deeply held personal convictions, which I believe violates their First Amendment Rights. There will be a month-long time period in which the White House will be accepting input on this issue before making a decision. So if you agree with this rule, please consider emailing President Obama and respectfully requesting that he not rescind the "Conscience Rule". An easy way to do that is by clicking here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Ohhh...I hate thinking about it. And this is only one of the many things he has planned that just disgusts me. Who really can support a man who is so strongly FOR abortions? And not only abortions, but late term abortions, partial birth abortions - you name it. It's just so wrong.
Wow, that's really awful. I don't understand how people think that's ok.
Post a Comment