Thursday, March 20, 2008

We'll take the lobo covered in salsa verde!!

For those of you who haven't heard yet, I matched in the Univ. of New Mexico General Surgery program today. We hear Albuquerque is a nice city to live in and can't wait to experience it ourselves. It is very exciting to know that we will be a short drive away from Colorado Springs where both of our parents live. That way if Susan ever gets tired of being the wife of a surgical resident, she can seek some comfort from her parents.

One of the things I am most excited about is UNM is in the Mountain West Conference. So maybe if my schedule ever permits, we'll be able to see the Coug's when they come to town. I wonder what kind of reaction I'll get in the O.R. when I wear a scrub cap with a big BYU on it.

We went out to get some salsa verde in Albuquerque when we were visiting there in January. I will have to say that I think it is going to take some time for Susan to develop the kind of taste buds necessary to tolerate the heat.

New Mexico was near the top of our list of places to do residency and we are excited about the future; however both of us are scared to death about all the things we have to do in order to get there in just over two months (sell our house, find a place to live, graduate, do a Sub-internship, fly to Hawaii, figure out the whole med school debt management thing, etc....).

We have enjoyed our time here in Dallas and have grown very fond of all of our friends and leaving will not be easy. We will take comfort in knowing that the flat abyss known as "West Texas" is the only thing separating us from our friends in Dallas. But Susan is already crying...

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Congratulations! Thats so awesome! We are sure going to miss you guys though. I hope you'll come back and visit!

Bill Gates II said...

I am crying too!