Wednesday, July 2, 2008

More Graduation!

We started the graduation day separately. Brian's parents flew in that morning and rested a bit at the hotel. Brian was bummed we'd been in Dallas four years and had never gone to Six Flags, so my dad and he went that morning and bought the upgraded passes so they didn't have to stand in any lines (thanks Dad!). They rode all of the roller coasters in the park in three hours.

My mom and I took Grace to the Dallas Arboretum and let her run around to her heart's content, which worked wonders because she had a long nap and then was a peach throughout the rest of the day.



We all got ready and then had a leisurely lunch at Cantina Laredo before heading to UTSW.

As much as a whined about how much I was disappointed with the graduation locale and schedule (all those looking forward to graduation at UTSW should lobby hard for something different), it really was still an exciting day for us. Here are some of our favorite photos of the day.



Brian's mom purchased/modified the graduation outfit for Grace. No, Brian didn't carry her across the stage (only at BYU people!) but she wore the outfit for the Alumni Association party in the afternoon.

Then we watched the hooding on TVs scattered around (LAME)! Here is the best shot we got via the TV:


After that there was time for more photos: the three of us and a pic with Brian's parents.



And with some friends (sorry Jess and Nikki, I had to crop it, 'cause now I see why Jess's grandma asked me when my baby was due and THERE WAS NO BABY) :



Brian's dad and grandfather saved us seats on the plaza from 4:30pm til 8:00pm when graduation began. It was so hot, but thankfully they added misters this year, so it was at least less miserable than it has been other years. This is Grace waiting for graduation to begin with her hair plastered to her head from sweat and mist:



It was exciting when the time finally came for Bri to walk across the stage. And it was great having both sets of parents there, in addition to Brian's aunt and grandfather. All in all it was a great day, even if I still do think UTSW should spring for a nice hotel or convention center to house graduation instead of making everyone sit in the Texas heat!

3 comments:

Sally said...

Great pics! Congrats and more congrats!! We miss y'all!

Bill Gates II said...

Susan those pictures are so great. I am sitting here all teary eyed. I am so glad you posted them. We miss you guys and can't wait to see you in a few weeks.

Bill Gates II said...

What's up with Grace's left ear? j/k That just looked kinda funny at first. Belated congratulations, if I haven't said so already.
-John